Here are your frequently asked questions about our GROCERY DELIVERIES. Do you have a question that is not listed below? Email it to us at email@example.com and we will be happy to answer it and add it to the list!
Where and when do you deliver?
Since May 17th, we've started packing online orders at our NU Warehouse located at Ottawa's City Centre. This additional space is a game changer which allows us to offer grocery deliveries to more neighbourhoods in the Ottawa and Gatineau region.
We currently deliver to the following postal codes:
|Postal codes||Delivery day & time||Cut-off to place order|
K1M, K1K, K1L, K1N, K1A, K2P, K1S, K1R, K1Y, K1Z
Tuesday 2pm - 6pm
West and South:
K2A, K2C, K2B, K2H, K2R, K2M, K2L, K2V, K2T, K2K, K2E, K1V, K1H, K2C, K2G, K2J, K1T, K2S
|Wednesday 2pm - 6pm||Tuesday 6pm|
East and Gatineau:
K1J, K1B, K1G, K1C, K1W, K1E, K4A
J8X, J8Y, J9A, J8Z, J8T, J8P, J9J, J9H
|Thursday 2pm - 6pm||Wednesday 6pm|
Another way to check if and when we deliver to your neighbourhood is to use the postal code check on our homepage!
How do you deliver?
We have partnered with local delivery service GopherIt to safely bring your package to you!
Our delivery routes are short (10 stops on average within a same neighbourhood) in order to minimize the time your package spends on the road.
What packaging do you use?
We're staying true to our zero waste mission and your delivery is 100% plastic-free!
- Dry products are packaged in recyclable and compostable brown paper bags, closed with a rubber band that you can return to us for reuse.
- Liquid or "wet" products are packaged in redeemable glass jars and bottles. We charge a deposit on these glass containers and refund the deposit when you return them to us.
- Fruits and vegetables are added to your box without packaging whenever possible. We use brown paper bags for produce that require bagging (baby spinach, Brussel sprouts...).
- Finally, your products are packed in a cardboard box closed with a paper tape that are also fully recyclable and compostable. The label that we put on the box is made of paper. It comes on a special paper liner that can also be recycled, unlike most shipping labels that have a plastic liner that goes to trash!
How do I return jars and bottles?
Simply put the jars and bottles in a box with your name on it (we suggest you reuse one of your delivery boxes), and leave it on your doorstep or give it to the driver on your next delivery. We refund deposits on your method of payment within 2 days.
Jars are professionally washed and sanitized before being reused.
You can also return the rubber bands. We'll sanitize and reuse them!
What is the delivery fee?
We offer free delivery for orders over $100. We charge $12 for orders under $100. This includes $5 for packing and $7 for shipping.
If you choose curbside pickup (see next Q), we will only charge the $5 packing fee to prepare your order.
Will you offer curbside pickup again?
Yes! Now that we have a new space dedicated to order preparation, you will soon be able to choose curbside pickup again as an option at checkout.
Pickup will happen at the NU warehouse at 250 City Centre Avenue which is conveniently located between Hintonburg and Little Italy and has plenty of parking space. The fee for curbside pickup will be $5.
Give us a few weeks to get settled and stay tuned for the announcement!
Are your deliveries carbon-neutral?
Not yet, but making them carbon-neutral is an important project for us moving forward. For now, we keep transportation-related GHG emissions low by choosing to deliver each area on one particular day of the week instead of servicing all areas on multiple days. This allows us to:
- consolidate deliveries - our vehicles are packed when they leave and we don't ship air
- keep deliveries within a neighbourhood to keep mileage low
Moving forward, we envision offering deliveries with EVs or electric cargo bikes, once this service becomes available in Ottawa!