Here are your frequently asked questions about our GROCERY DELIVERIES and CURBSIDE PICKUP. Do you have a question that is not listed below? Email it to us at email@example.com and we will be happy to answer it and add it to the list!
Where and when do you deliver?
We currently deliver to the following postal codes:
|Postal codes||Delivery day & time||Cut-off to place order|
Centre and Hull:
K1M, K1K, K1L, K1N, K1A, K2P, K1S, K1R, K1Y, K1Z, J8X
Tuesday 2pm - 6pm
Wednesday 2pm - 6 pm
Thursday 2pm - 6 pm
|6pm on the day before your chosen delivery day|
West and South:
K2A, K2C, K2B, K2H, K2R, K2M, K2L, K2V, K2T, K2K, K2E, K1V, K1H, K2C, K2G, K2J, K1T, K2S
|Wednesday 2pm - 6pm||Tuesday 6pm|
East and Gatineau:
K1J, K1B, K1G, K1C, K1W, K1E, K4A
J8Y, J9A, J8Z, J8T, J8P, J9J, J9H, J9B
|Thursday 2pm - 6pm||Wednesday 6pm|
Another way to check if and when we deliver to your neighbourhood is to use the postal code check on our homepage!
How do you deliver?
We have partnered with local delivery service GopherIt to safely bring your package to you!
Our delivery routes are short (10 stops on average within a same neighbourhood) in order to minimize the time your package spends on the road.
NEW! If you live in the core (Westboro to Vanier, Centretown to Old Ottawa South), your order will most likely be delivered with e-bike, making it not only zero waste, but also emissions-free!
What packaging do you use?
We're staying true to our zero waste mission and your delivery is 100% plastic-free!
- Dry products are packaged in recyclable and compostable brown paper bags, closed with a rubber band that you can return to us for reuse.
- Liquid or "wet" products are packaged in redeemable glass jars and bottles. We charge a deposit on these glass containers and refund the deposit when you return them to us.
- Fruits and vegetables are added to your box without packaging whenever possible. We use brown paper bags for produce that require bagging (baby spinach, Brussel sprouts...).
- Finally, your products are packed in a cardboard box closed with a paper tape that are also fully recyclable and compostable. The label that we put on the box is made of paper. It comes on a special paper liner that can also be recycled, unlike most shipping labels that have a plastic liner that goes to trash!
How do I return jars and bottles?
Simply put the jars and bottles in a box with your name on it (we suggest you reuse one of your delivery boxes), and leave it on your doorstep or give it to the driver on your next delivery. We refund deposits on your method of payment within a week.
Jars are professionally washed and sanitized before being reused.
You can also return the rubber bands. We'll sanitize and reuse them!
What is the delivery fee?
For more than a year we managed to offer free delivery for orders over $150. Unfortunately, gas prices have risen to the point where we cannot offset this cost anymore. We have decided to reintroduce our standard delivery fee of $12 on all orders. This way, we can keep our online prices the same as our in-store prices - no markups or hidden fees.
What about curbside pickup?
We also offer free curbside pickup from our Main Street store located at 143 Main Street in Old Ottawa East.
PLEASE NOTE: We have switched our online order fulfillment to NU Main and NO LONGER OFFER PICKUP FROM CITY CENTRE. We have extended our pickup hours and you can now pick up until 7pm!
Pickup days are Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday.
- Pick up on Tuesday between 1 and 7 pm if you placed your order before Monday 6 pm.
- Pick up on Wednesday between 1 and 7 pm if you placed your order before Tuesday 6 pm.
- Pick up on Thursday between 1 and 7 pm if you placed your order before Wednesday 6 pm.
No appointment necessary. Make sure to have your order number with you.
Are your deliveries emissions-free?
Some are! We have switched to e-bike deliveries for short distance deliveries. For deliveries outside of the downtown core, we keep transportation-related GHG emissions low by choosing to deliver each area on one particular day of the week instead of servicing all areas on multiple days. This allows us to:
- consolidate deliveries - our vehicles are packed when they leave and we don't ship air
- keep deliveries within a neighbourhood to keep mileage low
Moving forward, we envision offering deliveries with EVs for neighbourhoods outside of the core, once this service becomes available in Ottawa!