We are hiring an Assistant Store Manager!
Do you have experience in retail at a similar level? Are you organized and hard-working? Are you a team player? Do you have a passion for the environment and consider waste as an important issue that needs to be tackled? Do you want to join a dynamic social enterprise that will give you opportunities to grow?
Sounds like you? Then we want to hear from you!
As an Assistant Store Manager, you will be in charge of important store operations.
- Issue purchase orders for our suppliers
- Organize deliveries
- Manage inventory
- Motivate and support team members to ensure good morale and high performance and to minimize staff turnover
- Address team member concerns
- Customer service
- Ensure a consistent and high level of customer service
- Interact with and advise customers on our products, the zero waste lifestyle and zero waste shopping
- Propose and execute programmes like promotions and special events
- Optimize merchandising to maximize sales and customer experience
- Health, food safety, work safety
- Ensure that health and food safety rules are respected by every team member
- Provide a safe and clean store environment in compliance with laws, regulations and internal procedures
- Product quality and waste prevention
- Monitor expiry dates and product freshness to ensure consistent product quality
- Take preventive steps to avoid food waste
- Handle cash
- Do store opening and closing (key holder)
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proven strong organizational skills
- Ability to prioritize and delegate tasks effectively
- Excellent interpersonal, motivational, team building and leadership skills
- Ability to multi-task and follow-through
- Ability to adapt, course-correct and provide solutions to achieve best results
- Proficiency with computer programs, e.g. Microsoft Office and POS
- High energy, enthusiasm and kindness towards others
- Affinity with our products and values
- Passion for environment, knowledge about sustainability and strong interest in zero waste movement
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends, and holidays as needed
- Ability to lift 20 kg bags
- Ontario Food Handler Certification is an asset
Desired Work Experiences
- 2+ years in retail
- Customer service focus
- Team building
- Employee relations
- Store Operations (Supplier relations, inventory, POS)
Beginning of May
We want to create a unique shopping environment that will help our customers to reduce their waste and rethink the way they consume. NU is a business, but it is a business with a cause. Profit is important, but so are people, and so is our planet. Raising awareness and growing the zero waste movement is an integral part of our mission, and as a front line worker, you have an important role to play!
Are you up to the challenge? Then apply before April 29th by sending your resume and a cover letter to email@example.com with the subject: Assistant Store Manager
We look forward to hearing from you!
Your NU Team