We are expanding and hiring full-time and part-time NUbies for our current and future second location!
You are friendly and customer-oriented. You learn quickly, work hard and can be counted on. You are passionate about the environment and consider waste as an important issue.
Sounds like you? Then we want to hear from you!
As a NUbie, you help run the store and are the first point of contact for our customers.
- Customer service
- greet and assist our customers
- answer questions about the store, our products, zero waste shopping and the zero waste lifestyle
- perform all cash register functions at the checkout
- Product handling
- receive and check deliveries, put products in their right storage location
- ensure that store shelves, bins and dispensers are fully stocked with products
- maintain attractive product displays
- monitor product quality and freshness and ensure proper rotation of product
- ensure visibility of product information and price labels
- complete temperature logs
- Store maintenance
- maintain tidiness and cleanliness of all areas of the store
- sanitize utensils, bins, dispensers and work surfaces in accordance with health and safety procedures
- complete cleaning logs
- separate waste and dispose of garbage
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Genuine friendliness, enthusiasm and excellent verbal communication skills
- Ability to “read” customers and establish a great relationship with them
- Ability to adapt and work across different areas
- Excellent work ethics and team spirit
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including early mornings, evenings, weekends and holidays
- Ability to work 8-hour shifts, standing and walking 6-8 hours
- Passion for environment, knowledge about sustainability, interest in zero waste movement and willingness to learn
- Ability to lift up to 20 kg but also handle sensitive products and equipment with care
Desired Work Experiences
- A prior experience in food retail especially bulk is a plus
Location: We are hiring for our two stores (NU1 at 1130 Wellington Street West and NU2 at 143 Main). Please indicate your preference in your cover letter.
Start date: On-boarding will start in mid to end of September. Training will take place mostly at NU1 until NU2 is ready for business!
Salary: $14 per hour to start.
We want to create a unique shopping environment that will help our customers to reduce their waste and rethink the way they consume. NU is a business, but it is a business with a cause. Profit is important, but so are people, and so is our planet. Raising awareness and growing the zero waste movement is an integral part of our mission, and as a front line worker, you have an important role to play!
Are you up to the challenge? Then apply before Friday August 23, 2019 by sending your resume and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject: NUbie
We look forward to hearing from you!
Your NU Team