In response to the current public health emergency, we’re introducing in-store express pickup and home delivery for our most popular grocery items. Buy the wholesome food you need while limiting your exposure. And do it the NU way – plastic-free!
Whether you’re in self-isolation or practicing social distancing to help flatten the curve, one thing remains the same: we all need food!
Our most popular grocery items are now available through our online store. Place your order and we will prepare everything for you – plastic-free, as always!
Express in-store pickup at NU MAIN or NU WELLINGTON
- Available Tuesday to Friday
- Order by 9 am for same-day in-store pickup from 4 pm to 6 pm at NU MAIN (143 Main Street in Old Ottawa East) or NU WELLINGTON (1130 Wellington Street West in Hintonburg)
- Order minimum: $30
- Packing fee: $5
- Pickup procedure: come to the store between 4 pm and 6 pm, show your order confirmation with order number, get your box, go home! If you are in quarantine, please choose our home delivery option.
- Available if you live within 7 km from NU Main or in the following Ottawa neighbourhoods: Beechwood, New Edinburgh, Rockcliffe Park, Sandy Hill, Lowertown, Byward Market, Vanier, Overbrook, Alta Vista, Old Ottawa East, Old Ottawa South, The Glebe, Little Italy, Centretown, Westboro, Hintonburg, Carlington
- Order by Sunday 6 pm for Monday delivery or order by Wednesday 6 pm for Thursday delivery. Deliveries take place from 2 pm to 6 pm.
- Order minimum: $50
- Packing and delivery fee: $12
Products are sold in units of 750 ml – or one full jar – as shown in our product pictures. Products are measured, transferred to a compostable brown paper bag tied with an elastic rubber band, and labelled. For better storage we recommend you transfer products into airtight containers and jars at home.
Liquid products like oil or cleaning supplies are packaged in a sanitized glass jar (250 ml or 750 ml, depending on the product). A $1 deposit is included in the price. Please bring the empty jar back to one of our stores and get your deposit back. If using our delivery service, you can return empty jars on your next delivery for refund. You can also keep the jar and use it for your own storage needs!
All products are stored and packaged in compliance with highest health and food safety standards.
We’re working hard to add as many products as possible to the online assortment. Obviously, this takes a bit of time. So don’t worry if you don’t find everything you need yet. Check back regularly as we add more and more products!
We are offering express in-store pickup and home deliveries as additional shopping options during these trying times. While we have switched NU Wellington to express pickup and delivery ONLY due to its smaller size, NU Main remains open with the enhanced safety measures that you’ve come to know (sanitizing, physical distancing etc.). We will beat this together! Let’s continue to be kind to one another and care for each other. Be safe!
Your Team NU
Updated on March 30, 2020