How has NU changed since Covid-19?
We continue to serve our community during the pandemic. In addition to our already strict health and food safety procedures, we have taken many steps to create the safest zero waste shopping environment possible. Additional rules include:
- Mandatory hand sanitizing after entering the store
- Mandatory face masks
- Cap on the number of customers allowed in our stores at any given time (3 at NU Wellington, 4 at NU Main)
- Physical distancing – customers and staff are required to keep a safe 2m distance from each other
- Mandatory use of our clean funnels when filling up containers brought from home
- Sanitization of surfaces, scoops and handles throughout the day
- Plexiglas shields at checkout
- Monitoring and enforcement of our rules by a friendly “bouncer”
If you prefer to avoid shopping in person, our delivery service might be right for you! We deliver plastic-free groceries to your doorstep every Monday and service Ottawa’s downtown from Carlingwood in the West to Rockliffe Park in the East.